Thursday, May 17, 2007

Entry #66: Interior Cavities & Designer in Training

My new job at an interior framing architecture company is rather interesting. I'm learning a lot about borrowed lites (windows, lights spelled "lites") and Sidelites. I just do pricing and drawings, but o mi, o my, architecture makes me swoon with delicious dreams.

My favorite building is actually Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Perhaps it's because it is located on the fertile soils of my roots, but the trees into concrete faces that seem to cuuuuurve and smile or frown with misery while overlooking the water or war scene... it just whispers zen and lyrical stories galore.



via: Wood s Lot



via: Travel Adventures

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are not actually of Angkor Wat. They are from Ta Prohm, which is close to Angkor, but is a separate temple left "as found" as opposed to Angkor, which has been cleared and is being gradually restored. Ta Prohm is the temple where scenes were shot for "Lara Croft, Tomb Raider."